Pole dance is one of the modern areas of sports dance. One can hardly imagine a more erotic, but at the same time not vulgar dance. Looking at the graceful, figured girls performing acrobatic sketches on the pylon, many people think that they cannot afford to repeat any of the movements shown by the dancer. In fact, it is not necessary to have innate plasticity in order to learn how to dance beautifully on a pole, moreover, you can learn the basics of Pole dance without leaving your usual, home environment.
Pylon - Some experts advise beginners to purchase thin pylons: they are easier to wrap around with hands, respectively, and it is easier to stay on such a pole. Others recommend immediately acquiring a thick pylon: tricks that use leg grabs are harder to perform on a narrow pole. As a rule, in studios where they teach this skill, pylons with a diameter of 45 to 50 mm are installed, you can focus on these parameters when buying.
clothing - As a suit for practicing at home, ordinary short shorts and a T-shirt (top) will do. It is advisable not to cover the legs and stomach with clothes, otherwise the grip with the pole will be worse. If you want to impress your beloved man with your dance - get a convenient erotic set.
Shoes & Accessories - Beginners can train barefoot or in choreographic soft ballet shoes. Professional dancers shoe strips (high-heeled shoes). Fingerless leather or lacquered gloves might come in handy.
What is Paul Dance?
In fitness, Paul Dance is classified as a variety of activities that can fully replace power loads. In fact, this is an intensive dance using a fixed pole or pylon. It perfectly combines dance plastic and power loads, contributing to the comprehensive development of the body.
Pole Dance consists of many specific, developing different muscle groups of movements. Traditionally, this activity is usually divided into three main categories:
- Sports Paul (Pole-Dance Fitness) - a dance that combines rhythmic elements with complex acrobatic stunts on the pylon. Ideal for those who want to lose weight, become more toned and slim. Frankly, this is a job entirely on the pylon. For example, in competitions you can only touch the floor three times.
- Exotic Paul (Pole-Dance Exotic) - grace, tenderness in every movement and the dimensionality of the dance as a whole prevail here. Basically, these are beautiful movements on the pylon and on the floor, developing / demonstrating natural female plastic. About 20% is allocated to stunts on a pole.
- Art-Pole (Art-Pole) - here the emphasis is mainly on dance production, expressiveness and artistry. Its main difference lies in the ratio of the elements on the pylon and on the floor, about 50 to 50.
In addition to these main areas, there are many of their branches. Despite all the diversity, in fact, any experienced teacher can mix combinations of twists, tricks, ground parts and passages from different directions as part of the training.
What muscles work when training with a pole?
The girl has to lift herself up on a pole by the strength of the muscles of her hands, perform various tricks, actively using her back and legs. Static and dynamic actions are well developed by all muscle groups of the upper extremities, including biceps, triceps, deltoid muscles, and especially the forearm.
The oblique muscles of the back, trapezius and rhomboid, large, small round and jigged muscles, as well as lumbar “squares” and rectifiers of the spine are well worked out during training.
Legs - the most problematic area for many girls, are also actively involved in the work. Of particular note is the study of the inside of the thigh, femoral biceps and quadriceps, gluteus maximus, semi-membranous and semi-tendonous muscles.
Benefit and harm
Let's start with the positive side of the coin. The main advantage of sports dance on a pylon as a hobby is the acquisition of a holistic and harmonious physical development. If you do it correctly and pay enough attention to training, the results will not be long in coming - after a certain time you will notice how your body is changing for the better, the figure is tightened, and your muscles become tighter.
On the other hand, this sport can not do without certain problems. One of them, especially common among beginners, is bruising, bruising, and sprains. At first, they will certainly appear and they will have to put up with for some time. For healing, special ointments such as bruise OFF, Rescuer 911 and Troxevasin are suitable.
Frequent pain is another characteristic side feature. In this case, it is not an indicator of muscle growth, but rather an indicator of the adaptation process. Injuries to ligaments and joints here are not uncommon, and therefore it is important to learn to distinguish between feeling of fit and sprains.
Who should not practice on the pylon?
I note that if you do not have enough physical training, it is better to sign up for classes only after doing some time aerobics or in the gym. Otherwise, you can’t avoid injuries during the lessons.
You should also exclude such activities if you have high blood pressure and there are severe problems with the vestibular apparatus.
Other medical contraindications
- Exacerbated inflammatory processes and infectious diseases.
- Chronic diseases
- Psychological and mental disorders.
- Physiological disorders of the central nervous system.
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system, vertebral pains and joint problems.
- Heart diseases.
- Past strokes and heart attacks.
- The postoperative period.
- Bronchial asthma.
Where to start training?
The first step is to choose a musical accompaniment. Rhythmic tracks in the style of jazz, soul, as well as R'n'B and even rock are best suited. The next step will be the selection of a suitable uniform - the main thing is that the clothes are comfortable, not restricting movements. Since Paul Dance is not a striptease, but an athletic sport is inappropriate to come, especially to the first classes, in sexy dresses or miniskirts.
Pole choice is also important. There are two varieties - dynamic and static. For beginners, the first option is suitable. This is followed by the selection of a training program.
You can reinforce group classes in the hall by watching the appropriate training videos in order to hone certain tricks and accelerate progress. I highly recommend Anna Eliseeva’s Pole Dance video courses and similar tutorial video tutorials.
The main technical task in the first steps is to learn to climb a pole. And not only with the help of hands, but also with the lower extremities. And now a few words about the warm-up and basic exercises for beginners.
Basic elements for beginners
- Basic climb - an exercise is the basis of the fundamentals that everyone should master. Develops tenacity and teaches you how to hold / climb the pole correctly for the subsequent execution of the elements of the upper tier.
- Spinning - the most common in the framework of Pole Dance. It is with them that training begins. In the process, you learn to keep the weight of your own body on the pylon, performing elements in the upper, middle and lower tiers, starting the study of the element from the lower tier.
- The frog is the simplest twist option that everyone without exception has been taught since the first lesson. You stand on the left side of the pylon, hold on to it with both hands, cling to the pylon with your right foot under your knee, and push off the floor with your left and bend it.
- The stool is the first static element in the pylon, perfect for the novice dancer. Develops overall strength, flexibility and coordination of movements. We hold our hands on the pylon in a spread, and pushing ourselves off the floor we bend our legs. We maintain a beautiful position, with a straight back and straight arms. The main mistake of all beginners is a bad emphasis with the lower hand and pressing to the pylon.
- Bird - performed in the upper tier. We stand in front of the pylon, hold on to it with both hands on top. Raise both legs forward and hold the pylon between them, then slightly fall on one side and transfer body weight, then bend both legs. Then we bring the case forward slightly and grab the armpit pylon. At first, this exercise is very painful, there may be bruises.
- A fan / sun is also a rather complex element that runs in the middle tier, but beginners can do from the floor. To master it, you will need a certain dexterity, hand strength, abs, stretching / twine and good skills in basic exercises. This acrobatic trick involves twisting on a pole with one hand grip and leaping with both legs during torsion.
In addition, quite often in a program for beginners, you may encounter elements such as “crane”, “barrel”.
In this context, I cannot but mention the importance of warming up and stretching, which in no case should be underestimated. Good preliminary training significantly increases the result of labor.
Do not be lazy to spend 10 to 15 minutes warming up, mobilizing, warming up and preparing your body for upcoming trainings. Rope jumping, jogging in place and simple gymnastic exercises in place, including torso to the sides, swinging legs, torsion for warming up joints and ligaments, are great.
For the first time you will not need to take high heels and a special uniform with you, requiring considerable investment. At this stage, a sports top, ordinary shorts, t-shirts and socks will be enough. Further, guided by the advice of a trainer, you can purchase a special uniform for Pole Dance represented by such components:
- Special suits and sets.
- Gymnastic half shoes or jazz shoes.
- Bandages and wristbands.
- Training gloves.
- Means for clutch.
Speaking of the latter: many believe that at first it is imperative to take gloves for the pole or magnesia, which improves grip with the pylon to avoid slipping hands. Always be guided in these matters by the settings and tips of your trainer. If he considers it necessary to use clutch agents, including magnesia gel, liquid or dry magnesia, powder, cream for wet hands, as well as a pylon cleaner (this can be ordinary alcohol / vodka) and a cloth, be sure to use them.
Paul Dance is not aerobics, in which exercises are performed in a limited amplitude and familiar mode. Like other types of gymnastics, pole acrobatics is primarily work with the weight of your own body at different angles. Many beginners are in a hurry to master complex tricks, receiving many injuries and sprains, being physically unprepared.
Many are quite inconsistent in their training, which affects not only the joints and ligaments, but also the result of the work as a whole. Often, girls neglect the warm-up before and stretching after training, which also reduces effectiveness and often leads to injuries, sprains and other undesirable effects. Some emphasize one-way movement. This rather common mistake leads to a strong imbalance in muscle pumping, which in the end does not give any aesthetics to the body and, in particular, leads to health problems.
Paul Dance is a great opportunity to develop stamina and strength of the body, learn plastic movements to music, master complex acrobatic techniques, become the owner of a healthy and slim figure and always be in good shape. In this case, of course, we must not forget about the regularity and observance of concomitant diets that will help accelerate the effect of the trainings.
Do you like the article? Subscribe to my blog and invite your friends to subscribe. Share useful materials on social networks. Good mood, sports beauty and health!
Features and Utilities
Pylon tricks and twists include elements of many other sports: acrobatics, choreography, weight training, cardio. Dancing on a pylon gives an amazing complex effect:
- Flexibility, plasticity, artistry are developing.
- Posture is leveled, movements become smooth, graceful.
- The coordination of movements improves.
- Increases muscle strength without increasing muscle mass.
And one more advantage that distinguishes pylon training from fitness training is its high efficiency in fast weight loss. The result will begin to appear after 6 classes - one training on the pylon for beginners burns 1000 calories, and for those who continue to practice, with good physical fitness - up to 1400 calories, especially if you combine pole dance with other workouts - Pilates, Nordic walking or regular aerobics.
It is recommended that beginners dance lessons on a pylon for beginners 2-3 times a week for the first month, and then, when experience comes, physical endurance, and hence muscle strength, increases, it is advisable to train every other day, alternating the pylon with walking or jogging. This scheme allows you to normalize the weight within 3-4 weeks, tighten the figure and then improve in the skill of pole dance for health and beauty.
To appreciate all the pros and cons of these classes, two important factors should also be noted:
- In order to master the pylon from scratch, you do not need to have any special training. Dance on a pylon for beginners can be mastered by everyone, regardless of body size and age. The first results will become noticeable after 8-10 lessons. It’s important to just get started!
- Field dance is also available for independent study at home. Make it easy - buy and install a pylon. They sell a pylon for the home in sports stores, but it is important to firmly fix the shell so that, God forbid, not be injured. To do this, it is best to invite serious specialists (furniture makers or builders). Often sellers of such shells (as well as Swedish walls, corners, rings, etc.) offer the services of a specialist in their installation. The place must be chosen so that there is at least 2 meters of free space around the pylon. And then, using the video lessons found on the Internet, how to learn to dance, start classes. In the article we will provide a plan on what should be the correct training at the pylon.
But, nevertheless, it’s best for beginners to start studying pylon dances in a special group, in the hall, under the guidance of a coach, since video lessons do not allow you to evaluate your own performance of each movement, and an experienced coach will tell you what and how to tighten.
Another question for beginners is whether to install a large mirror next to the pylon in the home room? Experienced professionals do not recommend this. The mirror during the pole dance workout is a distraction and can cause injury. Moreover, in the process of doing the exercise there is no time and opportunity to examine yourself in the mirror. Therefore, it is better to abandon this idea, at least until the time of learning the basics of pole dancing.
What do you need to have for pole lessons?
Naturally, in addition to the pylon itself, a girl or a man needs special equipment. The requirements for it are standard - convenience and comfort, natural materials, clothing should not hamper the movement, but also not interfere with the performance of complex tricks. There is no special form for dancing on the pylon. You can choose from the following items:
- T-shirt, top, t-shirt. It is accepted that the stomach, shoulders and arms should be open, therefore, a gymnastic leotard is not used.
- Shorts so that the legs are also open. This is due to the fact that the fabric of pants or leggings slides very much on the pylon. The use of leggings is allowed.
- Shoes - ballet shoes, gymnastics shoes, dancing sneakers, jazz shoes, soft ball shoes. Such shoes, like bare feet, provide good grip with the pylon, the leg stretches well in it. But socks categorically can not be worn - they will slip. Special high-heeled shoes - strips that are used in striptease and exotic dances, are not allowed to be worn by unprepared beginners.
- Fingerless gloves - they prevent wet hands from slipping and protect the palms from scuffs and calluses.
- Additional special means for coupling with the pylon, allowing you to jump on it and perform movements without slipping. Great choice - magnesia, gels, sprays, creams, waxes and powders.
- Elastic wrist bandage to avoid sprains.
- Musical Records. The choice of accompaniment is to the taste of the person involved, but the music should be rhythmic and unobtrusive.
Where to begin?
Video lessons on Pole dance will help you learn how to perform both simple and complex tricks. Of course, it is better to start with the basics and gradually complicate the dance. Browse the lessons of different instructors to see which trainer explains the most available. Do not be discouraged if you fail to repeat this or that movement immediately, return to it in the next lesson.
Хотя бы раз в неделю выделите время на стретчинг. Помните, что растягиваться нельзя, пока тело не будет полностью разогрето. Стретчингом можно заниматься непосредственно после видео урока по Pole dance или кардио нагрузки.
Try not to limit yourself to food at first, postpone dieting, you will need a lot of strength and energy to stay on the pylon and train muscles.
Pylon dancing has some rules:
- There are two types of pylons: static (fixed) and mobile - rotating. For beginners, until basic acrobatic exercises have been mastered, you can do it only on a static apparatus.
- The pylon is conditionally divided into three levels, each of which has its own purpose. The lower part is for training plasticity, stretch marks, the middle of the pole is used for twists and turns, and the upper level is for performing acrobatic stunts.
- Pole dance is divided into three varieties:
- Exotic is the most “dancing" variety. The number of choreographic movements is about 70%, power - 30%, of which a third is performed on the floor (stalls). There is no undressing in an exotic sex dance - that’s the difference between it and striptease.
- Art is the most harmonious direction, where the number of dance and power tricks is 50x50%. It is often called the classic pole dance.
- Sport / Fitness is the most difficult, sports direction in which 70% of tricks are power elements. Most often, this species is engaged in men.
Like any other training session, a lesson in sex dance, that with the coach, that at home, should take place according to a certain scheme:
- Warm up (warm up). This is a mandatory stage, in duration - at least 15 minutes, during which the muscles and ligaments will prepare for physical exertion. The second part of the warm-up must necessarily contain stretching elements.
- The second stage is the implementation of basic static elements.
- Only at the third stage can you begin to perform dynamic exercises - twists, flips, rotations, etc.
- Next is the stage of complex stretch marks, which gives the body flexibility and plasticity.
- After stretch marks, you can proceed with strength exercises - stances, visas, supports. A special mat is placed on the power unit around the pylon, which protects the athlete from injuries in the event of accidental falls.
- The next stretch is again, but softer.
- The final stage is a hitch. These are standard physical exercises that are performed at a slowing pace. At the final stage, it is desirable to achieve complete relaxation and rest. For this, a yoga posture, shavasana, which helps the body to fully renew after heavy loads, is very suitable.
The total training duration for beginners is from 1 to 1.2 hours, and for experienced athletes, the optimal time is 1.5 hours.