There are many recipes for making delicious pasta with white and red sauce. White and red sauces are a combination of two famous Italian pasta sauces - Marinara sauce and Alfredo sauce. These dishes are easy to prepare and do not require large material costs. In addition, pasta with white and red sauces can be prepared in less than one hour. Therefore, if you do not want to spend a lot of time preparing a delicious dish, opt for pasta with white and red sauces.
We prepare products
Properly preparing white sauce for delicious pasta is not difficult at all. The main thing is the correct passivation of flour in oil, diluted with milk. The key to success is a heavy pan or stewpan with a thick bottom and walls. As additional components, herbs or spices can act.
The finished product is not stored for long, so it must be prepared for each meal and in small quantities. This will not take up most of the leisure time, as cooking time usually does not exceed 15 minutes.
White Pasta Sauce Recipe
Classic white sauce will require the simplest ingredients found in any home. It is necessary to prepare:
- Cream - 100 grams,
- Butter - half a pack,
- Wheat flour - a couple of tablespoons,
- Milk - 1 cup
- Cheese - 150 grams,
- Egg - 1 pc.,
- Salt and spices to taste.
Cooking time is about 15 minutes. The recipe involves the release of approximately five servings.
The principle of preparation of white spaghetti sauce
Pasta with white sauce is a favorite dish of many. But how to cook a delicious white gravy at home?
This recipe will help to cope with such a task, even the most inexperienced housewife. The instructions below are a guarantee of a delicious and surprisingly white sauce.
- Chopped butter is dipped into the prepared pan or stew-pan and completely melted on a small fire - a candle.
- Flour in butter and fry lightly until pale golden. It is important not to overdo it. Burnt flour spoils the taste of the finished dish.
- Now slowly in a saucepan you need to pour the warmed milk in a thin stream. In the process, the entire mass is well mixed so that no lumps are formed.
- Then cream is separately mixed with yolk and a thin stream is added to the stewpan.
- Next, grated cheese is poured. It is advisable to choose hard varieties. Hard cheese is better melted and does not curl into lumps.
- The whole mass is salted, pepper, sprinkled with spices to taste.
- Cook the resulting mixture for about 7-8 minutes, without stopping stirring.
- Boiled shrimps, fried mushrooms or other favorite foods can be added to the ready-made sauce.
- Ready pasta sauce is cooled and served at the table in a gravy boat or special bowls for such dishes.
Cooking White Sauces: Cooking Tricks
Experienced chefs know the many subtleties of making white sauce. To get a really tasty dressing, you should use some tricks.
- Instead of milk, in the preparation of gravy, you can use the broth. Suitable meat, vegetable or even fish, depending on the result you want to get. It is best to cook meat broths on bones, and vegetable broths on fresh vegetables with the addition of greens.
- When pouring milk or broth into the butter and flour mass, it is necessary to grind all the lumps thoroughly, since even the smallest of them can ruin the taste of the dish.
- Do not leave pasta sauce for several days in the refrigerator. It is best to cook it in one go.
- If the white dressing turned out to be very thick, then you can add 1-2 ice cubes to it. The consistency will turn out to be more liquid, and the taste of the dish will not deteriorate.
For lovers of unusual taste sensations in everyday life, a white sauce recipe is the best solution. This refined dressing to any dishes will add them piquancy, juiciness and originality. Even ordinary pasta, sprinkled with such a dressing, become a real delicacy.
A few tricks will prepare gravy with an unforgettable taste. Of course, it will be more useful than the product purchased in the store.
- The foundation . The base for dressings are cream or dairy products, olive oil, eggs.
- Consistency You need to remember the rule: the shorter the product, the denser and thicker the refueling should be.
- Spices. You can create a special and unique dressing from a variety of products. The most popular ingredients are garlic, basil, oregano. Red and white wine does not stand aside.
- Additional ingredients. You can make white sauce with cheese. Any grades are suitable: hard and soft, with mold. Dressings are complemented by minced meat, seafood, mushrooms, nuts, vegetables and fruits.
Sour cream with mayonnaise
Features The simplest option, which can serve as the basis for other gas stations. Sour cream sauce is especially relevant in the last days before the salary, when you want to treat yourself to a spicy dish, but the budget is limited. It goes well with pasta that comes with meat or vegetables.
- three large spoons of sour cream,
- a large spoon of mayonnaise,
- a small spoonful of dried basil,
- one garlic clove
- salt, ground pepper.
- Mix the ingredients.
- If the sauce is not very acidic, as we would like, then add a teaspoon of lemon juice.
Creamy with nuts
Features The gravy harmoniously combines a gentle creamy and rich nutty flavor. Thanks to the sauce, a simple dish will become the highlight of the table. A great option if a sudden arrival of guests is planned.
- walnuts - 50 g,
- fried almonds - 40 g,
- cream - 250 ml,
- parsley or cilantro,
- garlic clove
- Parmesan - 50 g
- olive oil - 50 ml,
- salt pepper.
- Grind the nuts in a blender until small crumbs.
- Finely chop the herbs, crush the garlic.
- We heat olive oil and fry nuts, greens on it. Add cream to them. After boiling over low heat, simmer for ten minutes until thickened. Constantly stir the mixture.
- Grind the cheese on a grater. Add it along with salt, pepper to the gravy. Tomim one more minute.
Cheese with zucchini
Features A dish with such gravy turns out to be quite satisfying. If you need to make the sauce more piquant, then fry the zucchini with a small amount of onion and garlic. Optional use of gorgonzola. You can choose another cheese, but it is advisable to give preference to dessert varieties. Even processed cheese is suitable, but without additives.
- zucchini - 300-400 g,
- cream (10%) - 350 ml,
- gorgonzole cheese - 150-200 g,
- Cut zucchini peeled into strips, cheese into cubes.
- Finely chop the greens.
- Fry zucchini until cooked.
- Nutmeg, greens, salt, pepper are added at the end of cooking vegetables.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream and add cheese to them.
- Add zucchini to the gravy.
Features The sauce is suitable if the main course is not made from short and small wheat products. Harmoniously combined, for example, with long spaghetti.
- mushrooms - 300 g,
- cream - 200-250 ml,
- olive oil - 140 ml,
- one onion
- four cloves,
- a teaspoon of flour
- one and a half large spoons of wine vinegar,
- two garlic cloves
- seven to eight basil leaves,
- Add chopped garlic and cloves to the warmed olive oil. Tomim until the garlic gets a pleasant golden hue.
- After getting the cloves and garlic, put the quarters or plates of mushrooms in the butter. Fry until cooked.
- Add the onion chopped in half rings and chopped basil. After the onion is browned, pour the flour. Fry until golden, pour cream, salt, pepper.
- After boiling the gravy, we immediately remove it from the fire.
- Serve: pour the finished pasta with wine vinegar, put a filling on top.
Features Another option for a diet menu. The amount of the main ingredient can vary.
- three large spoons of olive oil,
- four to five garlic cloves,
- two sprigs of basil.
- In preheated olive oil, fry the crushed or chopped garlic.
- Serve: pour pasta with gravy and put basil twigs on top.
Features One of the five "mother" sauces of French cuisine. Many believe that you can’t appear in the kitchen and declare yourself a great culinary specialist if you do not know the basics and the theory of its preparation. Bechamel is the base for dishes such as lasagna, moussaka, pasta.
- butter - 50 g,
- flour - 50 g
- milk (2.5%) - 500 ml,
- We heat the oil. It should not be fried, otherwise the sauce will get brown or yellow instead of white.
- Add the flour. Using a whisk and a wooden spatula, beat and mix well. All this takes no more than two minutes.
- We introduce milk in small portions. Pour it in a thin stream in a cold form. Well, we mix the gravy to get a homogeneous mass. We look if there are lumps. In their absence, we continue to introduce milk.
- On medium heat, simmer fill no more than seven minutes. After that add salt, pepper.
Features Since the sauce is thick enough, it is not suitable for thin pasta. It goes well with short curly products - bows, shells, horns.
- pumpkin - 200 g
- shrimp - 500 g
- cream - 200 ml,
- butter - 50 g,
- vegetable broth - 200 ml,
- a small spoon of marjoram
- nutmeg, salt, pepper.
- Cut the pumpkin pulp into cubes. In half the butter, cook it until golden brown.
- Fill the pumpkin with broth and simmer under the lid for no more than 15 minutes.
- Grind the cooled mixture in a blender to a homogeneous consistency.
- In the remaining oil, simmer marjoram for one minute. Add seafood and fry until cooked.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the shrimp. Bring to a boil, salt and pepper, sprinkle with nutmeg.
Each recipe for red sauce involves the use of tomato paste. A high-quality and tasty dish is obtained only if it is prepared from fresh vegetables. Of course, you can take as a basis store products, but it should be without preservatives and flavor enhancers.
Features Gravy, which will be combined with the simplest pasta, can turn a regular dinner into a meal in the sunshine of Italy. Its popularity is based on a harmonious and tasty combination of products - juicy minced meat, aromatic herbs and spices, tomato sauce.
- butter - 50 g,
- beef - 400 g
- water or vegetable broth - 200-300 ml,
- tomatoes - 300 g
- dry red wine - 100 ml,
- two petioles of celery,
- two garlic cloves
- olive oil - 50 ml,
- spicy herbs, spices to taste.
- Grind the beef in a meat grinder.
- Onion, carrots, celery, garlic finely chopped.
- We heat the olive and butter, put the vegetables in it and cook them for no more than eight minutes on medium heat.
- Add minced meat, wine, spices to the mixture and simmer until there is no liquid left. Constantly interfere.
- Add peeled, chopped tomatoes, broth or water, herbs. Keep under cover for up to 40 minutes. Gravy should be thick.
- If we use a leaf of laurel, then put it ten minutes before readiness.
Tomato with Orange
Features The highlight of gravy is an orange note. The recipe uses ripe citruses with intact skin, olives (only black and pitted), fresh basil. Dry herbs will not be able to fully reveal a bouquet of aromas.
- tomatoes - 600 g
- olives - 50 g
- Red onion,
- garlic clove
- two large spoons of olive oil,
- We press the garlic with a knife, chop the onion finely. Fry them in olive oil until golden brown.
- On tomatoes we make shallow incisions in the form of a cross. Dip them in boiled water for 30 seconds, then douse them in cold. Remove the peel. Pass through a sieve.
- To the garlic-onion mixture add tomato paste. Stew no more than ten minutes. Add the orange juice, grated zest, diced olives, basil, spices.
Dessert Cream Sauces
Macaroni is always present in the children's menu. But it is not necessary to cook main courses or dairy. You can make your kids happy with a delicious dessert by serving familiar pasta with sweet sauce.
Features It can be served not only with pasta, but also with pudding, pies, ice cream, curd dumplings, baked fruits. Yolks are not added to the boiling mass, as they may curl.
- milk - 500 ml
- a large spoon of flour
- two large spoons of sugar,
- two eggs (yolks),
- half vanilla sticks or powder on the tip of a knife,
- A small portion of the milk is mixed with flour. You should get a homogeneous consistency without lumps.
- The rest of the milk with sugar, salt set on the stove. Let it boil, reduce heat, add a mixture of flour. Constantly interfere. Cook until thickened over low heat.
- Remove from the stove, add the egg whites and vanilla beaten in advance.
Features Fruits must be peeled, core and peduncle. This also applies to peach, despite the fact that its shell can be very soft. Subject to the recipe, the gravy ingredients will not lose their valuable properties.
- four red apples (sweet variety),
- four green apples (sour variety),
- three peaches
- juice of half a lemon,
- water - 50 ml
- sugar - 100-150 g
- ground cinnamon, nutmeg,
- vanilla sugar or extract.
- Peeled fruits are cut into cubes or small slices.
- In a saucepan, mix apples, peach with water, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix the components.
- Stir under the lid until the fruit softens for about 30 minutes.
- Grind the cooled mass in a blender.
Starting culinary experiments, you need to plan the process correctly. Gravy is prepared first. Pasta is cooked when the sauce is ready. Before serving, it is better if they stand a little with filling. Thus, pasta is well saturated, "saturated" with a bouquet of aromas and tastes.